
Some Saturdays are stuffed with activities and feel frantic. Last Saturday was perfect. The weather couldn't have been better - warm, but with a touch of crispness in the air. Everyone was in a reasonably good mood. We assigned chores, and Dan told the kids that in two hours he would go on a bike ride with anyone who had finished their chores. While Dan mowed lawns, Brandon, Joseph, and I washed, waxed, and detailed all three cars. Joseph was assigned our "new old car." His detail job may not have been the greatest, but he felt very important. When everyone was finished, the kids and Dan rode bikes to the closest convenience store to get a candy bar.


While the boys and I were outside, even better things were happening inside. Aubrey secretly did two of Bailey's chores and left this note for her.

This was actually the second act in a "kindness chain" in our house this week. On Tuesday Joseph was excited to do Aubrey's chore for her while she was at school. He could hardly stand to wait until we picked her up so he could tell her what he had done. Aubrey passed along the kindness to Bailey on Saturday. Let's hope the kindness chain keeps going! Aubrey is going to teach the FHE lesson tonight, to talk about random acts of kindness and helping each other.
In the late afternoon I left to the Women's General Conference Broadcast, which was followed by a dinner at the Stake Center. It was a great meeting, and I enjoyed visiting with women in the stake. While I was gone, Dan took the kids to the movie "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs." Everyone reported that it was a good movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment