Friday, October 9, 2009

I am not a pioneer

I would have made a lousy pioneer woman. Our microwave bit the dust this week, so we have been microwave-less until I could find time to shop for a new one. I'm not sure I realized how much we depend on that particular appliance. Let's have popcorn! Oh, wait, how DOES one make popcorn without the microwave? Let's reheat leftovers. Oh, wait, that will take 20 minutes after the oven heats up. Hot chocolate on a cold morning? Oh, wait, we have to boil water on the stovetop. I know it's silly, because obviously people survived before microwaves. But, I have realized that I quite like convenience.

2 comments:

Ali said...

God knew I needed to come to earth at a time when I could have a microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. And car. And cell phone.

Shellee said...

Are you surprised? Why? You are a fudge- loving, a-hotel-stay-IS-camping, kind of woman. It's okay... I need my microwave too!

I agree with Ali, but she forgot disposable diapers.