Every year we take a deep breath as March begins, and then plunge headlong into Porter Birthday Season. First up, Aubrey's birthday. She started the day with breakfast in bed (crepes and strawberries). I picked her up from school at lunchtime and took her out to eat. Then, she chose the dinner menu (spaghetti, garlic bread, Ceaser salad, cake).




Everyone piled in for a group hug after Aubrey opened presents.

Aubrey invited 15 friends to a party at JJ Jump, a huge indoor playground with inflatable slides, etc.

Bailey made the cake and cupcakes for Aubrey's party.


Two days later . . . Joseph's birthday! He had talked about having breakfast in bed for days, but when we brought him his tray and gifts he was very disoriented. Later he told me what he was thinking: "who are these people and what are they doing in my room?" (his words).


Checking out the very cool new Lego Batman video game while eating his favorite muffins and strawberries.
a
When he finally truly woke up, he was SO excited. He told me over and over, "you can't call me your baby anymore 'cause now I'm 5." I told him that he and Brandon and Bailey and Aubrey will ALWAYS be my babies.

He invited his best buddies to come over after preschool for lunch, Spiderman cupcakes, and then a trip to the very cool science museum in Portland, OMSI. I didn't take any pictures at the museum because I was far too busy keeping up with four busy boys! Bailey was off school, so she came to help me.
Joseph was able to choose a special lunch (McDonald's Happy Meal) and the menu for dinner. He chose his favorite foods: Papa Murphy's Cheesy Bread, sunflower seeds, and apple slices. It was an interesting meal for all of us!
a
Happy birthday Joseph and Aubrey! Now, a one week rest and then it's Brandon's birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment