I can't believe how fast the seasons fly. I snapped these photos in early November. Now, in February, spring is starting to show its green promise outside my windows. And yet it feels like this was just the other day.
Time flies, whether I want it to or not. On this day Joseph and his friends Alex and Chase were gleefully raking leaves in the front yard for the express purpose of jumping into them and throwing them up into the air to create a leaf shower.
Their joy was so complete and contagious that I stood and watched them for a long time as the sun set inexorably.
I could sense that this was a memory moment. A memory for Joseph, as he buried his head in the leaves and breathed in the pungent musty smell of decaying leaves and raced with his friends across the lawn and into the hastily raked piles.
And a memory moment for me, as I watch my youngest steadily and surely move through childhood days. I'm not sure I'm ready for those days to end, but that won't change the fact that the days and even the years are marching onward. So quickly it seems. Seasons pass on - and every new season has joys and challenges.
I am so privileged to be present in this season of life. I feel
lucky to move through the seasons together with my kids and husband. I wouldn't wish
away this time for anything. These are the moments that are engraving
themselves on my heart.
1 comment:
Great pictures! And very poetic writing! :)
Post a Comment