Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11.12.13

I don't have any specific plan for this post, but this is such a cool date (11/12/13) that I just have to document something.

I was on a roll for awhile with blog catch-up. But then my annoying computer problems became more  serious. Our computer is having some age-related issues, such as not wanting to move, getting stuck, and forgetting what it is supposed to be doing. This means that it freezes and crashes constantly, especially when I am trying to use my photoshop program. It's really a pain in the neck and has caused me to want to throw the monstrosity out the window. Our printer has chosen this same time to die an ignominious death. I bought a new printer and now I need to set it up. I read the instruction manual and it was clear to me that a computer science degree is required to accomplish the task, so I'm waiting until my smart college student comes home for Thanksgiving. I will make him a mutually beneficial deal - I will feed him feed him a delicious Thanksgiving dinner if he diagnoses and solves all my computer issues. He also needs to help us make a big decision . . . should our next desktop computer be another PC or a Mac?

Life is humming along, busy and good. Way off in Provo, Brandon is super busy with school, work, and various editing freelance activities. Bailey is busy with lots of schoolwork, volunteering, ASB work, babysitting, and listening to the latest music on Pandora. Aubrey is busy with schoolwork, children's theater, vocal and piano lessons, and listening to the latest musicals on itunes. Joseph is busy with school, finishing up soccer, beginning basketball, (complaining about) piano, and finagling more time to play Minecraft. Oh, and he started his own blog. It's private, so if you want an invitation let me know. He really, really wants comments on his posts, so if you read it leave him a note!

Joseph has also decided it is time for him to grow up. Growing up is currently defined by eschewing Superhero underwear in favor of plain Hanes. He and I went on a special trip to Target to pick out the new underwear, and we debated the relative merits of the different styles for at least ten minutes. I remember so well the day that two-year-old Joseph triumphantly wore his superhero underwear for the first time - backwards. He always wore it backwards so he could more easily see the cool picture.

Oh, and Joseph is also inexplicably convinced that 8 year olds don't let their Moms kiss them goodnight. Even a loving peck on the forehead is so uncool lately. I told him he better just accept my motherly affection because it's not going away. For now, he does his best to wriggle out of my grasp when I tuck him into bed!

My church calling has kept me pretty busy lately and I helped last weekend with a Super Saturday all-day crafting activity. I was dumb and I signed up to make a few crafts, which was a problem for several reasons. First, I don't like doing most crafts - I find them tedious. And I do them badly. Also, I was too scattered to focus since I was helping to run the activity. The end result was unfinished and unimpressive looking projects.

This weekend the girls and I will go to Portland for a Time Out for Women and Girls. We are very excited! The boys (Joseph and Dan) will be here doing whatever boys do when the girls are gone. Eating pizza? Not eating fruits and veggies with meals? Watching movies? Shopping for new video games? I don't know. I probably don't want to know.

And that's all for tonight. Just a few thoughts on this really cool date.

No comments: