It has been a busy month! Lots of fun and wild and crazy things going on here at Porterville. First I need to do some catching up. Here are the kid's first and last day of school pics for the 2013-2014 school year:
Joseph's first day of 3rd grade
Joseph's last day of 3rd grade:
Aubrey's first day of 8th grade, alone and with best friend Laura:
Aubrey's last day of 8th grade, again with Laura!
Bailey's first day of 11th grade:
Bailey's last day of 11th grade:
And now, a rundown of random pics from the end of school time to the wedding. . . .
Aubrey's last day of school party with friends . . . .
here Aubrey, Laura, and Emma show off their middle school graduation lanyards and the friendship paintings they did together to commemorate their friendship and the end of school.
Father's Day 2014 - spoiling Daddy with gifts and good food:
Joseph waiting patiently for the school bus on the last day of school. I loved waiting with him each morning. He never wanted to be late so we got there in plenty of time each day to talk about life and check out the ants on the sidewalk.
Bailey trying out some of the wedding flowers that Grandma Porter made (and sent to us):
Joseph sitting on a really cool motorcycle cop's vehicle at the Cub Scout Bike Rally:
And demonstrating his mad bike skills as he completed the "newspaper boy throws the newspaper onto the front stoop" relay. As if any young boys actually deliver newspapers on their bikes anymore!
Joseph's football team won a party at Ice Cream Renaissance. Yum! Joseph was enjoying his ice cream until one of the other boys accidentally/on purpose spit a little into his ice cream. Then he was done. I don't blame him.
Meanwhile, at another table the four of us shared a 3 scooper ice cream plate. It was delicious and we were devastated when it was all gone.These are some of the things I put in a "honeymoon basket and gifts bags" for Brandon and Angela. I included some fun snacks and food from Trader Joes, their favorite cereals, some sparkling cider with fancy glasses, two beach towels, a puzzle, sand toys, sunscreen, etc.
I can't believe I never got a picture of this, but our entire living room was wedding central, with stacks of supplies and boxes and baskets for the wedding. Next post, the wedding!!























No comments:
Post a Comment