Monday, January 25, 2016

Celebrating Dad

The second weekend in September my siblings and I gathered in Utah to celebrate our Dad's 70th birthday.

We all met in Emigration Canyon at Ruth's Diner for a relaxing and delicious brunch outside on the patio.




























Then, Ali and Kara and I visited Bailey, Brandon, and Angela at BYU before heading to the cabin in Heber.  It was so fun to see my kids!
While at the cabin in Heber we did a lot of relaxing and relishing the rare opportunity to be together. Dad had set the itinerary for the weekend. We hiked to Danger Bridge and tiptoed around in the cold mountain water. We sat on the deck and looked at the magnificent view while we talked and ate. We laughed a lot and stayed up late visiting.

On Saturday night we picked up Cafe Rio and ate it while we watched a free concert at the Homestead Resort in Midway.

On Sunday morning Mom prepared a delicious brunch for us to eat before we all left for home.
I gave Dad this plaque, which Bailey and I had found in San Diego. It immediately reminded me of what Dad always says: "Life is good and God is good."  

It was such a privilege to spend a weekend celebrating my Dad, who embodies so many amazing qualities.  Here are just a few:
Optimistic
Intelligent and continual learner
Hard worker
Faithful
Service-oriented (serving others and serving God)
Love for family
Great listener 

I try every day to embrace his example in my own life.

No comments: