We started the day with the 11th annual neighborhood egg hunt. Our kind neighbors across the cul-de-sac always host an egg hunt in the back yard of a few of the houses, along with a potluck breakfast. We love the chance to connect with neighbors.
Joseph wasn't too old to hunt eggs, even though he was embarrassed by his Build-a-Bear Easter basket.
We brought orange rolls this year, which were a hit. This was my first time experimenting with the recipe.
After church we spent some blissful hours listening to Motab, reading scriptures and other books, and preparing for late church. This year our meetings start at 1 p.m. I really thought I would hate that schedule, but I'm okay with it. I find that my Sunday mornings are more centered and focused. The only challenge is pulling off dinner shortly after we return, so this takes some forethought and planning.
All the meetings at church were inspirational and enriching. Afterward we took a few pictures.
Then we pulled together Easter dinner, which was entirely non-traditional but which put something on the table which everyone liked. I call that a win.
It is such a privilege to spend a day with my family remembering the incredible gift of the Savior's atonement. This gift helps me and my family through all the dark places we are called to walk and gives us direction, peace, and hope.
I asked Bailey to send me a picture of her dressed in Easter attire. She and her friends took some pictures after church.












No comments:
Post a Comment