Every day Joseph says something that makes me smile. I always mean to write them down, but usually I forget. I love listening to evidence of how the four year old brain thinks!
Joseph frequently takes my face in his hands and says, "you are my love. My love forever." One day he also told me that he plans to marry me someday. I told him that I am already married to his daddy, and he will need to marry someone else and visit us sometimes. He looked stricken, paused, and then sighed and said, "this is howwible (horrible)." I remember Brandon saying something similar at this age, except he came up with the idea that he and his wife and two kids would just live with us and sleep on our couches. Let's hope he has reconsidered by now!
Joseph is not, absolutely not, a morning person. We all steer clear of him until he has returned to human form. One morning he came downstairs and growled for awhile. Finally, laying flat on the ground, with one hand shielding his eyes from the sunlight, he said, "I will eat now. I need options." ("Options" is one of his new favorite words.)
Apparently our lessons about what is and isn't appropriate on the Sabbath have sunk in, somewhat. Last Sunday he pulled out a movie and asked me if it is "approprio" (appropriate - a new favorite word) for Sunday. He also caught me watching the news show 60 Minutes late one Sunday night. He ran in front of the TV and said, "Memer (remember) - it is Sunday!"
No comments:
Post a Comment