Wednesday, September 9, 2009
First Day of School
The three oldest kids started school today. I think we must be the last district in the country to start school! They were excited, as they should be. It is going to be a great school year!
Aubrey is a 4th grader! She picked out her very cute "first day of school" outfit. Over the summer, she learned to do her own hair entirely, and she designed this special hairdo for the first day.
Most days, Dan drives Aubrey to school on his way to work. Because she goes to a magnet challenge school, there is no bus provided.

Bailey is in her second year of Middle School - 7th grade. I drive her to the local Middle School, where she catches a bus to the school she attends - Vancouver School of Arts and Academics. She is excited to see her friends, but not so happy about the return of homework.
"Mooooom!" I couldn't resist getting a parting picture as she got out of the car to walk to the bus. I'm sure she was terrified that I would embarrass her!
Brandon is a Senior in High School this year. He didn't have early morning Seminary this morning (it starts tomorrow), so as he left for school there was at least some light for my picture-taking. Whereas the girls had previously laid out their outfits for the first week of school, this morning Brandon scrounged through his pile of clothes for something to wear. Finally, he pulled something out of the dirty clothes and asked me if it smelled. Yes, it did. Luckily, I found something unoffensive in the unfolded clothes in the laundry room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE THIS! I can't believe the they are so grown up! Oh, I miss them!
Where's Joseph in all of this?!? I hope he was inside running around and making as much noise as he wanted now that he has you all to himself again!
Aubrey's hair is cute, Bailey is "cool", and I'm glad that Brandon doesn't smell. I love them all and give them all a hug from me (including Joseph!)
AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks Shellee!!! I hug you too! MOMMMMMMMM I saw what you said about me being embarassed.......>:( I was not embarased i just didn't want you to hold up the LONG line of cars!!!!
Post a Comment