Friday, November 13, 2009

The Family is of God

I already posted a super-long story about the day we sang in church, but there is one more thing I want to record about the experience.

I know it is true that sometimes the Spirit testifies the truthfulness of things to our hearts when we are speaking (or singing?) about what we know is true. I had an experience like that while we were in the chapel, singing about families.

As I stood there with five of the people I love the very most in the world, I felt the Spirit confirm the truthfulness of these words from the song:

God gave us families
To help us become what He wants us to be.
This is how He shares His love,
For the family is of God.

I really believe that is true - that it is God's plan that we have our families to help us become better people. And it's not always easy or fun or picture perfect, but knowing that we have have unbreakable bonds with each family member makes it worth it to work harder. We become more like our Father in Heaven when we love each other through the good and the bad times.

And, it's always great to have people to laugh with!

1 comment:

Grandpa Alan said...

Such insight. It's all about connections, relationships, for 50 billion years and beyond.
My only regret is that we didn't hear your song.