

We spent Thanksgiving in balmy 75 degree weather in Hawaii. It was amazing! We have hundreds of pictures to sort through and much to report, but right now we need to dive headlong into Christmas (parties, decorating, etc., etc). So, for today just a picture or two.
We hired a photographer to take pictures on the most amazing beach, Lanikai Beach. Very unfortunately, there were 40 mph winds on the beach on our scheduled picture day. Every other day we spent at the beach was beautiful, but not this day!
The winds and humid sea air quickly destroyed hairstyles . . . oh well. Add to the mix: Portuguese man-of-war jellyfish. As we took off our shoes and prepared for pictures (with the wind whipping us almost backwards) the photographer started crushing small jellyfish-looking things on the sand in front of us. It turns out Portuguese man-of-war fish occasionally wash up on the sand and are quite dangerous. They readily sting, and the venom is "excruciatingly painful and possibly very dangerous to humans." So we carefully tiptoed around the sand, trying to avoid the hazards every few feet. And, it was high tide, so much of the beach we had hoped to sit on was covered in water. We made the best of it. The photographer tried to edit out the worst of the crazy hair, but there's not much that could be done!
4 comments:
I have to say, Tiffany, that you have to be the bravest person in the family. Your feet are in the water/sand is all the pictures! Look at my wimpy brother! (Just Kidding, Love you Dan!)
I'll take Hawaii over the crazy family too! Glad you guys had a great trip!
OK, I had imagined these pictures looking SO much worse! The one with Aubrey standing turned out really cute! Think about our family picture on our blog. Logan is scowling with his hand in his mouth, I look awful and Brevan is a little too happy. Granted, my pictures were taken for FREE by Brenda, and you paid a little sum of money for yours! :)
I think the photos look great - wind and all. And you can't beat the scenery. So pretty!
Bah, humbug! I was looking for pictures with vertical hair, sand-sealed eyes, kids with bitten toes and writhing in pain. Instead I find a gorgeous family with heaven as a backdrop. Sooo glad you had that great get-away.
Post a Comment