Tuesday, January 5, 2010

20 Fantastic Years

Dan and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary on December 28th. We hired a great babysitter we know (Brandon) and got away for two days and a night to a spa/resort along the Columbia Gorge. It was rejuvenating to spend time together. I feel so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man!

We ate a great dinner in the hotel restaurant.

In the spa, just before our relaxing treatments.

The hotel had put a bouquet of "Happy Anniversary" balloons in our room.
a
On our way home we got a fun "post-Christmas" surprise. We saw snowflakes as we drove along the Columbia River Gorge toward Vancouver. We thought that the snow was only because we were at a higher elevation, but the closer we got to Vancouver, the the heavier the snowstorm! Our kids were at home dancing around in the snowflakes and making snowmen. You see, snow for us is a (maybe) once a year event, so it is very exciting! We had been disappointed to have no snow for Christmas, so this was perfect. The roads for our trip home were a little precarious, partly because of the storm and partly because drivers here don't know how to drive on snow. But, we made it safely (we even stopped for great Thai food on the way home).

2 comments:

Shellee said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you agreed to marry my brother so many years ago.

I'm grateful you got some snow. I wish we would... ever.

Grandpa Alan said...

How could our daughter be 20 years married? Thanks, precious young lady, for picking the absolutely right guy.