Can you guess the topic of our Family Home Evening last week? This wasn't actually the original plan for the night - I don't remember what it was, but it was probably a little more fun. We had to make a last minute change to the lesson plans for the evening after a truly tumultuous dinner and early evening with lots of angry, demanding, disrespectful things going on. Dan pulled out the white board and created another lesson on the spot. He handled it well, and I daresay that behavior in the house this last week was better!
Bailey asked to give this week's lesson (held on Sunday night because Dan has to work late tonight). She did an awesome job, sharing thoughts from Elder Uchtdorf's talk about "Happily Ever After" from last year's YW Broadcast. This had been the topic of her Beehive lesson, and she was so excited about it that she wanted to share it with us at home. She had some great visual aids set up to illustrate her points. We learned that "it is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop." Great lesson, Bailey! She had even looked up hymns on adversity for the opening and closing songs. Afterward, we played a rousing game of Curses. In the picture above, Aubrey is swatting mosquitoes while performing a challenge. During the game, Bailey had to scratch like a gorilla while barking like a dog and talking like Scooby Doo. And Dan had to make bunny ears with his hands while grabbing at Bailey's cards. It was wild, I tell you!
1 comment:
Tell Dan that accusing is with 2 c-s. Hee Hee.
I know that we've ended up having an unplanned lesson due to bad attitudes.
I also changed a lesson to meet what Aaron was struggling with in school. Aaron is learning about parallel lines and I had to figure out how that plays a plan in our lives and how our lives need to be more parallel to the Savior's life and how to keep from straying into an angle!
How do you play Curses?
Post a Comment