It turns out that running an ipod through the wash cycle for an hour (in the pocket of Dan's jeans) is not a good idea. Who knew? Now Dan is quickly getting a replacement birthday ipod (his bday is next week) so he can organize his music for the upcoming Stake Priest/Laurel Yule Ball. He is in charge of the music, and has been working hard to prepare. In addition to music, they are going to project some dance routines from "Just Dance" from the Wii onto the wall, so that the youth can follow along with the dances. They also plan to project onto the wall some movie clips which show great dances the youth can copy. Should be fun!
I am definitely negligent in recording the cute things my youngest says. I was so much better years ago. . . . . Here are a few recent "Josephisms."
He groggily woke up for school last week, but was really slow to get dressed. When I asked him why, he said "my pajamas say that they are too tired to do anything, so they say I should go lay down with them."
Over the holidays, Bailey had a big party with friends. It drove Joseph crazy to not be part of the festivities. He repeatedly got in the middle of the activities, did his best to be an "obnoxious little brother" and was summarily booted out of the room. When I got him away from the party he stopped being rude and showed his true emotion, which was sadness. Tears ran down his face and he said, "I just wish Bailey would have invited me to the party!"
Also over the holidays, the older kids were playing a game or watching a movie . . . . something he wasn't old enough to understand. I found him sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands. He mumbled, "I just hate being little."
Joseph was trying to talk Dan into doing something. To convince him he said, "face your fears and do it, Dad!"
If Joseph doesn't want to eat something (which is frequently), he says "it tastes like chicken."
Joseph is very clear about his career aspiration. He wants to be a fireman. I asked him if he wants to be a fireman so he can save people from fires. He looked puzzled and then said, "no, I want to own a cool truck. All fireman have cool green trucks, and I want to have an awesome truck."
Right now we are watching a little girl Joseph's age. Whenever Lily is over, she immediately wants to play with our boxes of Barbies. Joseph sighed and helped her carry down the boxes. He found the "boy Barbies" and played a make believe game for about an hour. Then he told me "do NOT tell my friends I play Barbies with Lily."
No comments:
Post a Comment