Saturday, February 12, 2011

Just Dance!

I have the winter blahs as far as working out goes.  I don't find my way to the gym often, and it's hard to motivate myself to walk outside when it is cold or wet. 

So, my favorite way to get a cardio workout is "Just Dance" on the Wii. When I play, I am so focused on following the dance moves that I don't even notice that I am working up a sweat. We have a great time as a family doing both of the "Just Dance" games together.

I have, however, learned to dance BEHIND Bailey and Aubrey, as they like to make fun of me (and  Dan) while we are dancing.  I guess it just startles them to see that their parents are such incredibly fantastic dancers (hee hee).  Actually, I have no illusions that I look great while dancing, but I sure have fun, and it's a great workout. 

During the afternoon Joseph and I will often put on one of the games and boogie.  You should see us do Jai Ho, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go ( I really shine at this one - the moves are classic 1980s, and Funkytown.  So fun!

No comments: