Music is a big part of our household. We like music of almost every kind, and I love finding music that I can enjoy with the kids. When Brandon lived at home, he always kept me current on the latest good music. I have great memories of riding for many hours in the car with Brandon and Bailey last June (on our way to and from Oregon Coast), listening to music from Brandon's ipod.
A few weeks ago Dan was in charge of the music at a Stake Priest/Laurel "Yule Ball." He was also the emcee and head entertainment guy. He did a really great job, and the entire evening was magical for the kids involved. To prepare for the evening, he did SERIOUS research into the latest fun (and clean) dance songs. He found some great ones, and all of us like listening to the "Yule Ball playlist" on our ipods.
In case you are wondering, our new favorite feel-good song is "Love Like Woe" by the Ready Set. This replaces last year's favorite feel-good song, "Soul Sister." In particular, Joseph loves the "Woe" song. He wants to hear it every day, all day, as we drive around in the car. He will sometimes alternate with "Do You Remember" by Jay Sean. With such frequent repetition, I might be really sick of these songs soon. Other songs from the playlist which I think are fun . . ."Marry Me" by Train and "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri.
2 comments:
I've been wondering about "Jar of Hearts" and couldn't figure out the name! Thanks!!!
We enjoy many of those same songs. Good taste! Would love to get that complete playlist if you have a chance some time to email it. No rush, just always on the lookout for good additions to our monthly stake Super Saturday songs. Our D.J. tends to get in a rut :)
Post a Comment