Thursday, May 17, 2012

March Madness, Porter style

Okay, so I'm behind on my blogging. Which means that I'm behind on my family history recording.  So, here goes some backwards-looking, to catch up some of the missed moments.
A few days after two of our three March birthdays we celebrated at Sweet Tomatoes, the kid's favorite eating out place.  These pictures are notable for two reasons.  First, both kids have a soda.  We never buy drinks while eating out . . . . with one exception.  When we eat out to celebrate birthdays, the birthday kid gets their own soda.

Also, on this night at Sweet Tomatoes (a buffet restaurant) Joseph asked to try many, many different foods.  From this picture, it looks like he ate only his standard of veggies, but he actually also asked to try pasta, sourdough bread, a different type of pizza, and even a soup, I think.  He didn't like much of it, but we were beyond happy that he wanted to try them.  We accept all progress, no matter how small.

Next up:  artwork time with Joseph.  I've decided to not hold onto all the awesome art projects.  We take a picture and then the artwork (usually) meets the recycling bin.  I am, however, keeping some of his freehand drawings (like the Mickey below), as he is getting to be an excellent artist.  He looks at a picture and replicates it amazingly well.


Dan and Joseph worked together on a Leprechaun Trap for St. Patrick's Day.  I think it's pretty cool, especially the tricky sign, "Come for Gold" to lure unsuspecting leprechauns onto the trapdoor floor of the contraption (there is supposed to be a Hershey's Gold Nugget hanging from the string, but at the time of this picture taking I had not yet run to the store to fetch the leprechaun bait).

 The finished trap at the school St. Patrick's Day celebration:
And, finally, wrapping up the March rundown . . . . indoor soccer.  Joseph has decided that he loves indoor soccer, and he made goals like crazy this season.

I'm still trying to figure out the iphone thing, and I discovered that my phone really doesn't take the best action shots, at least not with the HDR enabled.  Not that I really understand what any of that means. Anyone from the Apple corporation want to explain this to me? Anyway, I took a lot of shots of Joseph playing, and nothing turned out.  Here is a video showing him making a goal.


I was the team mom, and I organized a pizza party at the end of the season. 
 
It was an amazing March.  And yet, there was much, much more to come at the end of the month. Stay tuned . . . .

No comments: