So we planned a family outing at the Blazers game. When Dan received the tickets in the mail he counted them - 5 tickets for 5 family members.
Then the day of the game. All family members were driving happily down the road with visions of free popcorn and ice cream dancing in our heads. We were almost to the freeway when I had the thought to pull out the tickets to look closer at them.. . . . Uh oh. Oh no.
One of the 5 tickets was actually a parking pass. So we had 4 tickets and 5 family members. What to do? Someone in the car would not be attending the Blazers game/feeding frenzy. Someone was going to have to sit home alone.
We quickly assessed the options and started negotiating. Dan offered to stay in the car during the game while we went in. Everyone else (other than Joseph) offered to stay home. None of the options were great.
But then, through some quick texting and creative maneuvering we found Bailey an alternate option. A friend had asked her earlier to go to a movie, but she had declined because she was going to the game. She talked to her friend and "un-declined."
So, feeling a little guilty as we left Bailey behind with two free movie tickets and money for dinner, the rest of us headed to Portland to the sports arena.
First we enjoyed a fabulous buffet at the restaurant in the arena. The theme was "Asian food" that night, and all of it was delicious. I had to take a picture of my dessert plate because it was so yummy. I didn't want to eat all of these desserts . . .okay, that's not true. I really did want to eat all of them but I was stuffed after eating a fabulous dinner. So, I compromised by getting one of each dessert and trying one bite!
Next we loaded up on candy, popcorn, ice cream, and soda, and headed for our seats.
Where we thoroughly enjoyed the game. The Blazers barely won. I don't remember who they were playing. Some other professional team. They were tall and fast - that's all I remember.
Joseph came prepared with his Blazers jersey on, and he had a fantastic time.
The rest of us had fun too.
Now, the rest of the story.
A few weeks ago the banker offered Dan two more tickets to a Blazers game. I would have loved to have gone with Dan as a fun date night, but the correct choice was obvious . . . Bailey, who missed out on the fun last time, was Dan's date for the evening. Reportedly, they had a really fun time. This time the Blazers played the Utah Jazz, and they won!
1 comment:
How fun! I'm jealous! KC doesn't have a professional basketball team. How strange is that?
Post a Comment