Joseph had a fantastic birthday, starting with a party a few weeks before his birthday. We timed the party to coincide with the release of the new Lego movie.
|
Dan and I worked together to decorate for the party |
As each of the eight kids arrived they were greeted and handed a scorecard for six fun activities. When they had completed all six they could earn a prize (candy for the Lego movie).
After the boys were tuckered out they headed into the kitchen to eat lots of treats. Our rule for parties is that the kid can request whatever junky foods we don't usually have. So Joseph's party had lots of soda pop, chips, Oreos, and donuts. We also borrowed a popcorn machine from a friend to pop personal bags of popcorn. I threw in some veggies and fruit to round out the salt and sugar, but they were largely uneaten.

There was lots of giggling and jokes, and then the birthday boy blew out the candles on his cool skateboarder cake from Costco.
Then onto present opening.
What a bunch of fun, goofy boys.
Next we loaded up in two cars to go to the movie theater to watch The Lego Movie. There was much consumption of popcorn and candy and a thumbs up for the movie from all the 9 year olds. And Dan and I still have the very repetitive theme song running through our heads . . . "Everything is awesome". Aubrey and a friend came with us to the movie, but they chose to sit away from our group of boys.
As we dropped everyone off we handed them one of the treat bags that Joseph and I had put together.
|
|
the treat bags, filled with cool stuff like basketball cards, bouncy balls and little Lego sets
It was an AWESOME birthday party! |
1 comment:
I have to admit that I loved the Lego Movie! Everything IS awesome!
Post a Comment