Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day Musings

I am privileged to be the Mom to these crazy kids 
(and Brandon, who was in Provo on this Mother's Day).  
They make me laugh just about every day. 
I've also had my share of crying and desperate prayer mothering moments.  
Most often by myself, but occasionally in front of the kids. 
Life isn't always easy. In fact, every day parenting is like a new puzzle to be solved without any instructions or a handy picture on the box by which to judge our progress.  
What motivates me in mothering is a deep-seated knowledge that
what I'm doing is the most important thing that I could do with my life. 
It also helps that I think my kids are amazing creatures. 
Dan and I marvel all the time that our kids have such incredible attributes naturally and also push themselves every day to be better and do better and overcome challenges. 
I like talking to my kids and I like listening to them. I think they are brilliant and interesting. 
They are growing up so fast. 
The time really does go by in the blink of an eye, a snap of a finger. 
I want to stop and tell every Mom with a colicky baby or ornery toddler that the hard days will pass and will be replaced by other challenges, but also so many unforgettable moments.
 I want to enjoy today and every day, even the frustrating days.
 I love being a Mom.
Dan and I are very lucky to have these amazing souls in our lives.
 Happy Mother's Day 2014

1 comment:

Ali said...

Such cute pictures!!! I love the goofy faces and the Logan pose! Plus the words you wrote are beautiful.