Dan celebrated the last of his 40s birthdays the end of January. Very unfortunately for him, he had to go to work, but the kids had a day off school for semester break. The kids and I made him a big card and bought some decorations and birthday bling for him at the Dollar Store. Then we surprised him at work to celebrate for a minute. Afterward, the kids and I headed to go shopping for awhile before meeting up with Dan for a birthday dinner.
Walking through Sunshine
We have had an incredible amount of sunshine this winter and very little rain. This has been true across the Western United States, while the East has been pounded with a cold and snowy winter. While I know that a lack of rain will not be a good thing in the summer, right now we are enjoying the beautiful weather. I have been going for 5 mile walks a few days a week with a friend. Last Monday the kids were off school for President's Day and Bailey agreed to walk and talk with me. She was a fantastic walking partner!
This is what almost all of our gloves look like, with decapitated fingers. This might just be because Joseph consistently needs fingerless gloves for his endless games of spy/ninja warrior/Pokemon trainer.A few weeks ago Aubrey sang a beautiful duet with Ashley Z at a ward talent show. Ashley also played the ukelele.
I don't want to encourage defacement and graffiti, but this made me giggle. Joseph added "or foe" beneath the "Friend" title on all the magazines in our church bag. On other covers he also drew beards on all of the people. He is obviously using his church time wisely.
The other day I looked at the Superhero menagerie lining the tub in my bathroom and I wanted to freeze time. I love this age and I will miss it someday.
Last Sunday Joseph set up an art station and worked on drawing for awhile. He offered to give me a drawing lesson "for a dollar." What I agreed he unsuccessfully tried to up the cost to $5. He taught me a very helpful lesson about shading, which he had learned from his sister Aubrey. On the right is my attempt at shading a sphere.
That same day Aubrey decided she wanted to learn how to play cello, so Joseph happily taught her the basics. In no time at all she picked up the keys and played a simple song!










No comments:
Post a Comment