Sunday, February 22, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

Valentine's Day Dinner

The Love Holiday wouldn't be complete without our special dinner. We use china and crystal and everything must be heart shaped, red, or pink.  It was basically a carb and sugar fest, which is just fine.
I seriously need my son who is now an expert on colorizing film/pictures to show me how to effectively remove the yellowy color cast I get when I take pictures inside our house.
We were all trying not to think about the fact that this is probably the last Valentine's Day Dinner Bailey will be able to enjoy with us. Starting next year she will be having fun college adventures.
Dan got a little giddy near the end of the meal and tried to catch a jello heart as it rolled off his forehead toward his mouth . . .
Joseph made a special creation for dessert, eaten as we watched Annie Get Your Gun as a family.
Valentine's treats for the kids
I visited Joseph's school for the mayhem Valentine's party. Such fun chaos!


No Sugar Week
Bailey challenged me to go sugar free with her for a week starting the Monday after Valentine's Day. We both were successful, and it was pretty enlightening to realize how often we reach for a sugary treat when we are bored/stressed.  We decided that moderation is the key, and we don't want to go sugar free forever, but do want to be more intentional about when we have treats.

Speaking of which, this is the first year as far back as I can remember that I did not buy any of my favorite Brach's candy hearts.  I didn't eat even one.  Dan surprised me with a wonderful treat/flowers every day in the week leading up to Valentine's Day and one day brought me some Sweethearts candy hearts. Shhhhh, don't tell him, but I only like the Brach's hearts.  And I don't  just like them, I am addicted to them. So I was pretty proud of myself for avoiding the very sweet and delicious temptation this year!

No comments: