I was able to spotlight Joseph for a minute before he received the award. This is what I said:
"Joseph has been a delight all of his life. He is the youngest, adored little brother in our family. He has always been vey special friends with his older brother, who was 13 when he was born.
Joseph keeps us laughing and has such a fun personality. He las lots of smiles and energy and is good natured.
Joseph is creative and loves to build Legos. He is a great story writer and artist and plays the piano and cello. He loves sports, video games, playing outside, and amusement parks. He especially likes playing with friends! He is very excited about middle school. He doesn't like homework or haircuts.
Joseph likes Scouting. He is a hard worker, likes to achieve goals, has a kind heart and sensitivity to the Spirit.
We love him!"
Joseph pinned the "mother pin" on me without impaling me. Success! And then he crossed the bridge and took the oath.
Joseph has attended two Scout campouts with his Dad so far. The second time was part of the 11-year-old Scout camp. I was technically in charge of this multi-stake camp, although I have an amazing couple in charge who pulled it off beautifully. Here are a few pictures from the week long day camp. The boys camped overnight Friday with their dads in attendance.
Here are a few other pictures of Joseph's Scout adventures,
So far so good for our Scout!















No comments:
Post a Comment