Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Mid-February thoughts

Master Thespian
Aubrey did three different performances at the state Thespian's competition (for us non-theater people, that means performances of monologues, group theater pieces, and vocal performances). She received ribbons in each of her performances and was advanced to region and national level on two of her pieces!


Sugar Woes
It is good news for me that Brach's company changed the flavors of their conversation hearts. Because I don't love the new flavors as much so I'm finishing less of the bag this year. I'm sure they think they are improving things by changing the flavors, but I contend that they should not have messed with perfection. Especially yellow. They should not have tweaked yellow at all. I never did like the green flavor, and I still don't. But now I don't like pink either. And purple is kind of weird too. But, that's actually a good thing, because even though I limited myself to one bag of conversation hearts this year, that is still a crazy amount of sugar for one person to consume!


More woes - this time car-related
This has not been a good week for car issues in our home. Monday I realized as Joseph and I were dashing out the door to his school that my battery was dead. AAA came out and charged the battery but told me not to turn the car off until the battery was replaced by my mechanic. So, my plans to go to the gym went out the window and I drove to drop off the car. The rest of my plans for the day were pretty much shot as I figured out how to get myself and others where we needed to go when we were short one car. First world problems, for sure. Then, on Tuesday on my way to get Joseph from piano lessons I ran over some sort of big bolt, which punctured my tire. I limped home and crossed my fingers that the tire would hold enough air overnight so I could get it to the repair place in the morning. Nope. Totally flat by morning, and I had to run first thing to watch a friend's adorable 2 year old most of the day. So, I took Aubrey's car and Dan and Aubrey put my spare tire on the car. When my babysitting duties end I'll try to figure out the tire issue before finishing making our Valentine's Day dinner. I think that all these car issues are an indication that instead of driving places I am supposed to be hanging out at home eating conversation hearts and reading books.


There is Sunshine in My Soul
After the sunniest (and warmest) winter I remember in Vancouver, we did get pretty cold over the last few days, and last night many areas got Valentine's Day snow! We got rain, but enjoyed seeing snow pictures sent from friends.


No comments: