Monday, July 27, 2009

Ahhh . . . . summer

Isn't summer great? It's like this dream world, where tightly scheduled days and early morning awakenings don't exist (for the most part). We have really enjoyed this summer. There have been a few busy weeks . . . Bailey and I spent a week at Girl's Camp. Dan and Brandon are currently backpacking/hiking in the wilderness with the Scouts. We are headed to Utah and Idaho soon for visits with family and friends and EFY and Aspen Grove (for Brandon ). While in Utah, Bailey will also meet up with her cousin Ashlyn and fly to CA to visit more cousins.

So, some weeks have been hectic. But, many weeks have felt very relaxed - hanging out together, swimming or playing tennis at the athletic club, watching movies together, playing at the park. I love it!

I really love this time of year in the garden, also. Little plants have grown into maturity, the decorative pots are full and gorgeous, and the air smells like flowers, plants, and rich dirt. I took some pictures this morning of some of my favorite garden spots right now. Mostly I needed to document this for myself. When it is raining hard this November, I want to remember that I do have a yard outside, and spring will come again.



Dan and Brandon leaving at 5:30 this morning to their backpacking trip. I have to say, I marvel at the entire concept of backpacking. I love the outdoors and I love hiking, but carrying around all my clothing, bed, food, etc. on my BACK as I walk up a mountain - is this really a smart idea??
These are two of my favorite spots in the back yard. Vegetable plants and strawberries are mixed in with the ornamental plants.

1 comment:

Shellee said...

You need to swing just a little further south to AZ to see us!!! :)

I love your backyard and hope someday we have one just as beautiul!