Sunday, July 12, 2009

Super Agent Spy Guy



Joseph keeps our family entertained. Every day is a new adventure for him, filled with bad guy fighting or, more recently, spying on the bad guys. The last few weeks he has changed his focus from superhero costumes to his new persona, "Super Agent Spy Guy" or "Super Spy" for short. To portray this role, he dresses EVERY DAY in his full Sunday suit - including tie and Sunday shoes. He will not tuck in the shirt, but otherwise looks like a miniature version of his Dad or brother on Sunday morning. Unless recently, he refused to wear this particular Sunday outfit on Sunday. You see, this was a costume, not church clothes . . . Try reasoning with a four year old. It just doesn't work.

Joseph puts on this outfit when he gets up in the morning. Sometimes he substitutes khaki pants for the dark blue pants and adds his Indiana Jones hat, and then he is Indiana Jones being a teacher. Bailey snapped these pictures below - on this day Joseph, Bailey, and Dan walked to get the mail. Before running to get his Big Wheel for the ride he said, "Wait - I need to put on my jacket!" Other suit-wearing activities: jumping on the trampoline, playing on the swings, shopping at the grocery store with Mom. I did draw the line at running through the sprinklers in the suit. Thank goodness Super Spy Guy is okay with wearing a Spiderman swimsuit!


2 comments:

Shellee said...

That is so funny! I wish we lived near you guys so that we could see this for ourselves. He's a character.
I hope that someday Hayden can be as cool as "Super Agent Spy Guy."

Ali said...

This post made me laugh so hard! I'm so sad we won't see your family in Utah. Joseph cracks me up! I think his little cousin Logan has a very similar personality!