Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Josephisms - April edition

When he gets up in the morning Joseph often looks in the mirror and makes a wacky happy face. Then he says, "Hey, dude, you're awesome!" When completing a puzzle or painting a picture he says, "I am the bestest in the world." I love the optimism and confidence.

On Sunday Joseph is not allowed to play his favorite Lego Batman video game, which is a source of great sadness for him. Last Sunday he asked me again, "WHY can't I play Lego Batman today?" I told him that on Sunday we only do things that help us think about Jesus. He thought for a moment and then shared this somewhat sacreligious plea, "Lego Batman DOES help me think about Jesus, every single time - pleeeeeeease!"

Lately Joseph wants to say the family prayer almost all the time. He always mentions the same things: "thank you that we could play with friends and tuzzins (cousins)" and "thank you that you could make this beautiful world." Last night he said the night time family prayer, and he blessed the food (which was eaten hours ago) twice during the prayer!

Every day I hear "You are being lots of mean, Mom." Thankfully, I also usually hear, "you are my favoritest Mom, of all the billions and billions of Moms. And I think I will marry you someday."

No comments: