We just returned from being thoroughly immersed in the world of Disneyland for five days. Before I upload pictures to the blog, I thought I would share why I love Disneyland so much.
1. How could I not love a place that reminds me that "dreams really do come true," "you must believe in magic," "wish upon a star", and "celebrate the memories."
2. I love a place that encourages me act like a happy kid instead of an ultra-responsible adult. I love that my kids and I can skip arm-in-arm down Main Street and feel perfectly fine about it. Okay, so Dan and Brandon walk way behind us and pretend they don't know us, but the rest of us feel gleefully giddy as we skip.
3. Disney knows how to entertain. Musicians, parades, Broadway-quality shows, and the evening fireworks. The fireworks actually moved me to tears - no lie. There was a synchronized moving musical score, the voice of Julie Andrews offering inspirational encouragement, a castle that changed colors, Tinkerbell flying through the air, and a fabulous display of fireworks. Wow.
4. I know that there are naysayers out there who don't love to hear the "It's a Small World After All" song sung in 40 different languages, over and over. But, I actually really like it. I'm not embarrassed to admit that this sentiment makes me feel warm and fuzzy: "there's so much that we share, so it's time we're aware it's a small world after all".
5. I love to walk briskly down Main Street U.S.A. in the morning, prepared for adventure. I love to walk slowly back at night, taking in the lights and music, exhausted but happy. Main Street is one of my favorite places to be.
6. I love that I immediately forget that I-5 runs right behind Toon Town and Critter Country. When we are inside Disneyland I feel like we are in our own Disneyfied universe, far away from the word of stress, anxiety, and worries.
I'm trying to re-adjust to reality, but it's hard. I might need to hug a stuffed Mickey tonight.
1 comment:
AMEN! I loved spending time with you guys and I'm so grateful that Dan was such an awesome help to us getting through Disneyland in just one day! I don't think we could have done it with out him! Love you!!
Post a Comment