This morning I have at least 29 things on my to-do list. So, in order to procrastinate the inevitable, I sat down for a few minutes and read a random page in Reader's Digest. And I laughed out loud when I read this quote:
"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." Harry Truman
So, so, so, true. And funny, too, as I think of all the times I have shared my opinion/given advice as my children look at me with blank eyes. Sigh. I tell them, however, that it is my motherly job to share my "insights," and they will just have to put up with it.
I liked these quotes, too.
"When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway." Erma Bombeck
"It is a little embarrassing that, after 45 years of research and study, the best advice I can give to people is to be a little kinder to each other." Aldous Huxley
1 comment:
I'm glad for these quotes, they make me feel sane!
Post a Comment