Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catching up - New Years

 Because this is our family journal, I realized I need to talk about New Years (even though that seems sooo long ago now that we are into February!)

We invited some families to come over on New Years Eve, and it was a really fun night.  The kids ran around and made a mess, we ate lots of food, and the adults played games.  Dan, the master music man, played songs for us to guess (I did really well on anything from 1980 to about 1989.  I couldn't guess anything in the 1990s. I guess that might show my age.) We also played "2 truths and a lie" and learned some very interesting facts about friends!  At midnight we made lots of noise outside and watched our neighbors do a big firework show. We are grateful for good friends and chances to hang out together.
 

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I know this is total blog stalkerish, but I clinked on your blog from Jen Knudsen's and just started scrolling and came across your son's mission call post. It caught my eye because my brother is serving in the Ukraine right now. I'm so excited that another missionary will be serving there and I bet they'll end up serving together. If you need to talk to another Ukrainian mission mom e-mail my mom. garlock7@msn.com She'd love to chat with you...all the in and outs of the Ukraine. Congrats on your son's call.

~Kasey Turner