I love to travel. There is so much I love about traveling, and there are so many places I want to see and experience. We have been lucky to visit some favorite vacation spots a number of times - the beautiful Oregon Coast and Disneyland in CA.
At least 15 years ago Dan and I had a conversation about "other trips we want to take with the kids before they leave home." Here is the list we made, showing the progress we have made so far.
Trips to Take as a Family
1. Washington D.C./Williamsburg, VA - U.S. History sites (March 2009)
2. Hawaii (November 2009)
3. Nauvoo/Missouri/Wyoming church history sites (July 2000)
4. Disneyworld (December 2007)
5. Boston, Philadelphia, etc.
6. NYC, New York - while there see some Broadway shows
7. Palmyra, NY/Kirtland OH church sites and Niagara Falls (August 2011)
That was the original list, but we add other ideas all the time. Glacier National Park, The Redwoods in CA, Vancouver, Canada; Chicago, a trip to Texas to see the sites and relatives, another trip to San Diego. And, my favorite addition to the list: A Disney cruise. Oh yeah, I'm dreaming big time about this one. Dan isn't convinced yet, but he will be.
There is another list I have in my head. It looks something like this:
Places I want to go without young children:
1. Europe - anywhere on the continent
2. Anywhere else in the U.S. or abroad (I might exclude a few third world countries, but I'm open to most places)
It's fun to dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment