After our perfect pumpkins were selected early in October, they sat on our front porch for weeks. Joseph was anxious to carve the pumpkins from the very first day we brought them home, but I convinced him to wait until closer to Halloween. To take the sting out of the delay, I had him paint one of his pumpkins.
But, he still asked me every day if today we could finally break out the knives and carve. However, as we neared the end of October it became increasingly difficult to get everyone in the family home at the same time. Seriously, we couldn't find one night when everyone was available. Finally, we did our carving the night before Halloween. And even that wasn't perfect, because Bailey chose not to carve since she was doing some prepping for a big Geometry test taking place the next day. Oh well.
First Joseph drew a picture of his carving plan.
Then he helped Dad carve. Well, we forced him to help. It's ironic that he was the most excited 6-year-old in the universe to carve his pumpkin, but didn't actually want to touch the gooey stuff.
And the finished products.
Aubrey also wasn't a fan of scooping out the pumpkin innards.Good thing Dan is so, so patient!
I love the freckles on your pumpkin, Aub!
1 comment:
I got lucky and talked them into never carving the pumpkins. They are colored and still on our porch. I promise they will disappear at thanksgiving ;)
Post a Comment