Friday, December 9, 2011

Leaf squishing


(I just noticed that I never finished this post from November. So, here it is, a little out of order.)

In our neck of the woods you can't really jump into a pile of crunchy leaves, because leaves here are more . . . squishy.  It seems like every fall we get a week or two of heavy rainfall, and then the leaves all come down. We have two big trees in the front which drop a lot of leaves to cover the neighborhood.  This year Joseph was my most helpful leaf raker.  He wanted to rake every day, no matter how cold or wet it was outside. One day he tried to jump into the piles.  It wasn't as fun as I remember leaf pile jumping being because the leaves were so wet that he didn't want to land fully in the pile.


Joseph also thought that using the leaf blower was super duper fun. Bailey was also very happy to help with yard work/leaf cleanup. Probably partly because she is a big fan of fall and winter. She cheers when it starts turning colder and wetter.  (I'm sure Aubrey would have also been a good leaf raker, but it seemed like she was never home when it was light enough to do yard work. She doesn't get home from school until almost 5 p.m., when it is completely dark.)

Menial chores like raking leaves are much more fun when I can do them with my kids.

No comments: