Dan and I just returned from a magical vacation to a beautiful part of the world - Switzerland and the Bavarian regions of Germany and Austria.
The trip was magical because every day and every experience was more amazing than the last. We saw breathtaking mountains and waterfalls and lakes and breathed in the fresh, clean Alpine air. We drove and walked through countless small villages which are unfailingly pristine clean and tidy and the very definition of charming. We saw opulent castles and buildings and cities with a rich history spanning over a thousand years. We saw people proudly walking around in lederhosen and other traditional Bavarian dress and cows and sheep with big bells around their necks.
The trip was magical because we were able to travel with my parents. What a privilege to spend time with them and enjoy our fantastic relationship. We were sad to see an end to the time together.
The trip was magical because I was able to spend almost two weeks with my hubby. In this season of our lives we literally have to schedule time to talk and our (usually) weekly date night is our only brief respite in our busy and separate lives. We are perpetually sleep-deprived and going different directions, often "dividing and conquering" conflicting kid's events. It was an incredible luxury and privilege to spend 12 days just being together - talking, exploring, learning, laughing. We came back refreshed and delighted.
Oh, and the kids seemed to do just fine at home, thanks to some careful and detailed preparation and the help of some wonderful friends and babysitters. They wish they had been with us, but are enjoying the Swiss chocolate we brought home. (Over 30 lbs of chocolate. I am wishing we had brought home more!)
On this trip I took between 50-600 pictures per day. Let's just say that it is going to take me awhile to sort through and edit them enough to post some pictures. But, while the memory is fresh, I thought I would document that I had a perfectly magical time.
1 comment:
Glad you stopped to record your feelings right after getting back! What a MAGICAL trip! :)
Post a Comment