I took a crazy amount of pictures during the week, and I'm really working to just post the best ones on the blog,but I really want to document this very special part of the world.
Everyone except Dan and Bailey took off on a Saturday. Dan was deejaying the stake dance Saturday night, and Bailey wanted to attend the dance, so they joined us Sunday afternoon.
After stocking up on some groceries, we arrived at the peaceful Little Whale Cove. Almost immediately, we headed out for a walk along the ocean. We returned a few hours later to see the sunset.
Sunday morning we got up and prepared to go to church in Lincoln City. I had texted a friend in that ward to double check the time, and Sunday morning found out it was Stake Conference for the area, which was over an hour away. So, we weighed our options and decided to hold our own church service. Each person took turns sharing a favorite scripture or scripture story, and Aubrey shared some Mormon Messages on her iPad.
Then we went for a walk along the ocean again. I will never get enough of that view. We stopped at "our" bench. For 16 years we have been stopping at the same bench overlooking the ocean to read our books. The kids all have wonderful memories of this spot. So, we all brought a book and we enjoyed the sunshine while reading for awhile.
On the way back, we took a few pictures in the ancient forest that meets the coastline.
That night we walked back to view the sunset, and soon Bailey and Dan arrived and joined us.
We reveled in the beauty of the sunset before heading back to make dinner.
Howling at the moon . . . Angela was an especially gifted howler.
After returning to the home, we made dinner. Actually, I see that there is light out the window in these pictures, so maybe we ate and then ran to see the sunset? I can't remember.
I love this picture. It just makes me laugh!
On Tuesday we visited one of our favorite places along the coast - Fuddy Duddy Fudge. And we discovered that they are closed every Tuesday? Whaaaat? We were not amused.
So, we returned on Wednesday to load up on our favorite goodies.
We enjoyed the hot tub and pool several times.
But, we had fun exploring the beach.
Hmmmmm - I wonder where our kids get their awesome sense of humor?
And the fab four Porter kids together.
More to come later.
1 comment:
Awesome pictures of the kids and you with Dan, but the one of the sunset at the top is incredible!
Post a Comment