Sunday, February 9, 2014

A potpourri of random Joseph moments from spring 2013

I am almost caught up on all the months I missed on our family blog last spring/early summer. I think I have just two more posts.  I know that this recital of year-old events has to be mind-numbingly boring for even the most intrepid grandparent to sift through, and I do apologize. But recording these events on my blog is the only thing that makes me feel less guilty about not keeping better records of our day to day events.  So . . . marching on . . . . .

This kid was the cutest gap toothed boy around. Around February he lost both his front teeth!


In April I was invited to a special luncheon in Joseph's school classroom. It was so "Pinterest" cute!!


At the luncheon these cute boys read poems they had written to thank us for our work in the classroom and the teacher had filmed a really cute video of the kids (on the screen behind).

 Around Mother's Day Joseph made me this card:

 Some of Joseph's art projects and school projects this year.  I rarely keep the original art projects anymore, but take a picture instead:



Bailey does not want me to post this picture, but I can't resist. I just love the way that Bailey and Joseph are drawn to the photo booth on my phone or the computer. They love to take goofy picctures of the two of them. We must have a thousand pictures of them mugging for the camera.


In April we took these pictures of handsome Joseph so we could print an invitation for his baptism. He gave his invitation to several of his good friends (not members of the LDS church). 

 Handsome, isn't he?

 What a model!

Joseph's "Person of the Week" poster:

May 2013 - there were about 20 end of school year events at kid's three different schools.  Maybe it just felt like that or maybe that number is totally accurate.  One of the events was a Reading Olympics celebration, in which Joseph received a gold medal and was lauded for his umpteen hours of reading this last year.  Brandon was able to attend with me to cheer on his little brother.


Another end of school event - "Felida 2nd Grade Survivor."  Joseph's class, including teacher, wore green shirts and fake mustaches. Each class had a team which completed a series of tasks. Joseph's assignment was to form a word from letter blocks. It was a really tricky word. . . sunscreen.  After a hint from his teacher he was able to figure it out and their team earned 2nd place.

In June I chaperoned Joseph's class trip to the beautiful Portland Zoo. We had a great time and got soaking wet! The rain was more like a downpour and one point we were trapped in the bat enclosure (stinky, yuck) for about 25 minutes while we waited for the rain to abate enough for us to run to the next exhibit.

And, yet another end of school year event. Joseph's class did a "Main Street" business unit. The kids formed groups and then created a mock business, complete with business plan, mock employees, and advertising materials. They also had to learn what was required to start a business, such as applying for a business license, having a viable business model, etc. Joseph and two buddies created "Strike Out Bowling Alley."  At the bowling alley there is a chef to make great food, a shoe person to help people find the right sized shoes, and a waiter to clean up after the people. On the day we were invited to visit, the classroom had been transformed into a city with an "asphalt" road and businesses grouped along the road. The business owners were sitting together and were prepared to answer questions about their business plans, etc. What a fabulous project!!

And finally, just a few goofy pictures of Joseph taken in June, on the day he won some fun prizes at his piano recital party.


We love this cute boy, with his enthusiasm and fun personality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally a post all about me


joseph