We returned late Saturday night from a wonderful trip to Missouri to visit Ellefsens and reluctantly jumped squarely back into a hectic week. These are some of the things that happened that week:
Dan - got off the plane and, in between helping unpack, do laundry, and grab groceries, started preparing Seminary lessons for the coming week.
Aubrey - is in the final two weeks of her play Into the Woods. Before Spring Break she had rehearsals 3-4 days a week. On Monday she began daily afterschool practices until 9 p.m. and all day Saturday. This has/will continue(d) for 3 more weeks, except now rehearsal ends at 10 p.m. and performance days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week and next week) she won't be home until 11 p.m. This is a lot of driving on my part - at this point my car could probably find its way to and from her school without my assistance.
Joseph -is continuing soccer practices and games. The day before Easter I was at the beauty school with Bailey who was getting a prom updo while Dan was at a soccer game with Joseph. It rained so hard that the kids looked like they had jumped in a pool. But in Washington they never cancel soccer for mere rain!
This week he also began practices for flag football, which he is trying for the first time. He had the same coach a few years ago for soccer and two of his buddies are on the team. After every practice they are muddy!
Tiffany - early morning Monday I was at our church building to start helping with the setup for our stake's annual Life of Christ event. It is so amazing - I can't even describe how unique and elaborate this event is. This is the first year I was the main person in charge of my area (in the past I was a helper in the same area). It was much more time intensive to be the "person in charge," and it still makes me tired to think about that week. I was at the church setting up (putting together the tomb, shoveling dirt, moving rocks, placing arts and plants, etc.) all day every day that week. On Saturday (the night before Easter) I was at the church until midnight, taking down the exhibit.
I was going to add pictures from this year but for some reason can't find them on my computer. So, moving on.
Bailey - jumped back into preparation for her 4 AP tests and infinitely more fun preparations for Prom. Before we left out of town she had ordered a custom prom dress online from a company based in China. For a really great deal (half the price of most prom dresses) she was able to get a dress which fit her body and was really well made. We don't want to think about what kind of wage the seamstresses were paid to sew the dress. The package from China arrived when we were out of town, so she was excited to try it on. It looked beautiful.
But she felt like it needed something to give it more "bling." On Wednesday afternoon Bailey and I did a "power shop" at the mall. We looked for (cheap) blingy jewelry, sparkly shoes, and other necessities to make her look her very best. We also borrowed the sash from the dress she bought for Brandon and Angela's wedding.
But, more about Prom in a separate post. Bailey also immediately began preparations for her campaign for senior class activities director: posters, Tshirts, a speech, etc.
And there is a snapshot of our slightly crazy but wonderful life. Now I need to go run to my exercise class!

No comments:
Post a Comment