Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Next in the Birthday Month lineup, Joseph's actual birthday (two weeks after his birthday party)

Joseph's birthday started very early in the morning for me. I remembered during the night that he had requested white powdered donuts as part of his birthday meal (which also included strawberries, muffins, and bacon.) I had forgotten to buy the oh-so-important donuts, so after I got Dan and Bailey off to Seminary I dashed over to the nearby Minit Mart and grabbed an incredibly overpriced package of donuts.
And, it turns out, the Franz brand donuts are not nearly as preferred by the Porter kids as is the Hostess brand. Thus, my early morning donut run was in vain and no one ate them.

I think this next series of pictures is funny. We brought in Joseph's tray of food and sang him happy birthday and then I started taking some pictures. First it looked like he couldn't even open his eyes.

 Then he opened his eyes just a teensy bit . . .
That bite of bacon must have done the trick, because he's looking more alert . . . 
 And now he is perking up even more as he opens his much-sought-after gift of the Lego Movie video game.
 And totally awake and ready to party! (Dan bought him a set of football trading cards - just as fun for Dan as it is for Joseph).
 Joseph wanted Krispy Kreme donuts for his school snack to share with classmates, so during the day I grabbed two boxes and dropped them by the school (my goodness, donuts were the object of much of my running around on this day!)

For dinner we had Joseph's requested meal - Domino's pizza and a veggie tray.  Then he opened one more present - a cool Lego set.
 This boy of ours sure loves Legos!  He dives into his Lego sets right when he gets them and doesn't stop until they are completed.
 Legos are even more fun when you play with them with good friends.
The day before Joseph's birthday his Primary teacher, Sister Dahini, brought by a fun treat basket and balloon.

All in all, Joseph had a super fun birthday. 
Being 9 is even "awesomer" than being 8!

No comments: