Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

I attended Joseph's Valentine's party, which was his LAST class party of elementary school and, since he is my youngest, the last class party I will be involved with. That was a strange moment, and kind of sad!  But it was so fun to see these cute kids.
 This is also the last year that we will need to assist a kid with making a Valentine's box, which doesn't make me as sad. Joseph's box was his own creative design and reflects his current interests! His classmates had to try to "shoot" their Valentine through the basket into the box.
Two days later was the actual Valentine's Day, which fell on Sunday this year. We had thin pancakes for breakfast, because both Joseph and Aubrey like them.  Aubrey was our chef.
For church we had a regional broadcast/stake conference at the stake center. We actually arrived in time to sit on the soft seats in the chapel which has NEVER happened. We were highly motivated by the desire to arrive in time to not have to part in the muddy overflow parking and hike in through ankle deep slime. It has been very rainy lately. The meeting itself was really great. I felt edified and inspired.

I received this Valentine from my cute boy.
That evening we held our yearly Valentine's Dinner. For the first time in this house we didn't eat it in the dining room, as it looks like this:
Everything from my kitchen cabinets has been moved into the dining room while the cabinets are being painted. It's been an adventure! More to come on that later.

First, pictures of our dinner, in which everything was pink, red, or heart-shaped. And obviously we emphasized the sugar food group.
We didn't forget our favorite college students. A few weeks before Valentine's Day I sent them some packages with goodies inside to eat and to decorate their homes.
Bailey sent me these pictures of the ways she used the contents of the package to decorate her apartment (I believe that they wrote Harry Potter pickup lines on the foam hearts) and the Valentine's dinner she did with her roommates.

No comments: