A wardrobe side note: the outfit Joseph is wearing in the picture above (a red Spiderman shirt and a certain pair of size 5 slim jeans) is the ONLY outift he will wear right now. He is definitely a last-born child, because I have way relaxed the cleanliness rules. If the clothes don't look or smell REALLY bad, then I okay him wearing them another day. Two days is usually my limit, but I have been known to give in to entreaties to wear them one more day. Whenever possible, I throw the clothes into the washer right when he puts on his pjs (Spiderman pjs - the only currently acceptable type) and hope I remember to dry them by morning.
Joseph has always been particular about what he wears, partly because he has a unique view on what looks "awesome" and partly because his sensory issues dictate that he wear clothes that feel comfortable. I was remembering the other day that last year he wore the same Superman shirt, complete with long red cape, to preschool EVERY day for 4 months. I wish I had thought to take a picture. At the time, it just seemed like that stage would last forever, and then it changed. So, I know that the current wardrobe obsession will pass, too.
I did, however, go back to Kohl's to try to buy another pair of identical size 5 slim jeans. They didn't have any more of his size, of course. I was a mom on a mission, and I would not give up until they called their catalog and tracked down a duplicate for me on the spot. I can't wait for the increased wardrobe flexibility which will be ours when Joseph owns two pairs of equally awesome jeans.
1 comment:
A chef and an actress? Wow, you are busy! You need to get Joseph one of those egg cracker things so he can make the muffins on his own!
Congrats to Aubrey! She's the cutest Munchkin in my book!
Post a Comment