Joseph always makes present opening time interesting. Here he tried on his Dad's new dress pants.
And tried "flying" with Dad's new shirt.
Aubrey gave Dan a special candy card and an awesome proclamation (which she read - with Joseph's help - atop the piano bench). It reads:
Hear Ye, Hear Ye
King Dad - the best dad in the world - has declared a decree that all Porter family shall not whine or yell for one week - any week he chooses and all citizens who do not obey this order on the week Kind Dad chooses must do one extra deed (chore) for Kind Dad or his queen, Queen Mom.
That week shall be: starting today
AND
King Dad has requested and will receive a back rub from peasant Aubrey Porter.
AND FINALLY
All peasants would like to tell you that they LOVE you King Dad soooooooooooooooo much!
Aubrey D.P.
Bailey gave Dan a special card as well, but didn't want it read out loud (or presumably shared on the blog).
For dinner I made Dan a meal which turned out amazingly well! I just got a new cookbook called Our Best Bites, which is based on a great food blog (ourbestbites.com). Because Dan and I both love Thai food, I tried the recipe for the Thai Peanut noodles. Oh my goodness . . . . SO good. To me it tasted like something from a really good Thai restaurant. Click here for the absolutely amazing recipe! We paired it with the Coconut Rice from the same cookbook Click here for the recipe.
I was happy for the chance to spoil Dan and tell him all the reasons that I am the luckiest woman alive to be married to him. He is the most loving, selfless, family-oriented, intelligent, and thoughtful man I have ever known. Happy Father's Day Dan!
No comments:
Post a Comment