Friday, June 10, 2011

This is what it's all about


I believe that the sweetest experience I have experienced so far as a mother was attending the temple for the first time with one of my children. It was amazing for Dan and I to share such a joyful and peaceful place with Brandon.  As we sat and visited quietly in the temple at the end of the session I kept thinking . . .this is what it is all about. Years of teaching, guiding, encouraging him to live the gospel and a Christ-like life. It all led to the temple where he was able to make covenants to continue living in this manner. And the experiences and promises made in the temple will lead to more wonderful experiences (mission, marriage, children). Family is really the reason for everything in the gospel, and the temple so beautifully illustrates this.  Our Father in Heaven finds His greatest joy when we choose to live the gospel and choose to live righteously with Him forever. I can see an echo of this in my own life. My greatest joy is to see my children make choices which will bring them happiness and true joy, and we will be able to be together forever in the presence of our Heavenly Father.

No comments: