Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life of Christ

For the last three years our stake has sponsored a Life of Christ presentation the week before Easter. All of the community is invited.  So many talented people envisioned and then brought to life the displays.  The cultural hall is filled with vignettes from Christ's life, starting with His birth and continuing through His boyhood and ministry, His atonement in Gesthemene, the crucifixion, resurrection,and appearance at the tomb. Beautiful art depicting the scenes from the life of Christ are displayed at each vignette, all donated (for display) by people throughout the stake. It is really an amazing experience to visit and to be a part of this annual presentation. For the last two years I have helped set up the tomb area.  It takes a few labor intensive days to get everything in place, but it's an honor to be involved.

This year for the first time they also had actors at each display, dramatizing the events of Christ's life through the eyes of some of the people around Him. It was really powerful. Aubrey was asked to be one of the actor/singers. She sat underneath the big picture of Christ's Second Coming and sang "I Wonder When He Comes Again."  She sang acapella.  I was amazed at her bravery . . . to sing with no accompaniment or support in a big, crowded room for an hour!  I know I am biased, but I thought she sounded like an angel.

Here is a picture of Aubrey, waiting to sing her song again. I have some video too - I am trying to edit it a bit and then will post it.

I took a lot of pictures of the displays this year, but the lights in the cultural hall were already dimmed so the flash reflected off some of the art.

This was my area - the Tomb:
These are pictures of the rest of the room.

The Nativity

The boyhood of Jesus

The temple at age 12.
Above and below: the ministry and miracles of Jesus and calling the apostles 
The Last Supper

The Garden of Gethsemene
 The Crucifixion
The Second Coming
 The Woman at the Well
 


1 comment:

Manzanafam said...

I am in awe. What a beautiful traditional and presentation! Such a neat thing to be a part of - I miss being in the west A LOT sometimes...