Monday, June 6, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

What could be as fun as celebrating Mother's Day with my kindergartner at "Muffins and Moms?"  When I arrived I got a big hug and kiss and a special gift made just for me.  Joseph drew a wonderful picture of me and dictated some very cute things to the teacher (who typed them up and laminated the gift into a placemat):

My mom looks prettiest when she wears a dress.
My mom cooks the best cookies.
I help my mom pick up toys.
My favorite thing to do with my mom is play toys with her.
I like it when my mom hugs me.
Thank you, Mom, for seeing this. 
Happy Mother's Day 2011
Love, Joseph

Afterward the kids sang some very cute songs.  I have the video to prove it, but I can't get it to upload to blogger. Trust me on this one.
Mother's Day Sunday was just one week before "M Day," as in Missionary ready to go Day.  So, it wasn't quite as restful as usual.  I decided to combine the traditional "Kids Make Mom Dinner" with "Mom Teach Brandon How To Cook So He Doesn't Starve in Ukraine."  So, I was pretty busy supervising.  I did take a break, though, to be treated at Aubrey's Mother's Day Spa, set up on our deck outside.  She placed warm cloths on my arms and massaged my feet with lotion while I sat on a back massage cushion.  It was just fantastic . . . until we were chased inside by the raindrops.  But, her thoughtfulness was exemplary!  My favorite gifts (as always) were the cards made by the kids.

Being a mother is the most wonderful and challenging thing I could possibly be doing with my life. There's lots of ups and downs, but in the end there is nothing sweeter than the heartfelt words and the kisses of my children.  I couldn't ask for anything more out of life.  Except for quality fudge now and then. 

No comments: