Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy things

Things that made me smile this week:
  • When the sun came out all day yesterday and the skies were bright blue after it rained all last week. I swear I felt 10 pounds lighter all day in the sunshine, I couldn't keep a grin off my face. It didn't matter that it was only 40 degrees - the sunshine made all the difference. (Sunshine is always better after a period of rain).
  • Watching Bailey make her first ever basket during a game in the YW church basketball game.  More on this later . . .
  • Spending two hours talking with Aubrey while she did an expert job of curling my hair with a wand curler.
  •  The moment when Joseph mistakenly called me "Mrs. Clarkson," the name of his 1st grade teacher. All of our 1st graders have done that - and they all have idolized their 1st grade teacher.
  • Making cookies with Joseph and letting him do all the "hard cooking work."
  • Reading Brandon's letter about how warm his Russian coat is - "I could be naked under that coat, if that didn't violate certain modesty codes."  Oh, Brandon - even from way across the world you still make me smile!
  • The chance I had to re-paint a wall in our bonus room this week. I love painting a wall - it makes me feel very zen.
  • The moment when one of the kids said something and Dan and I responded with the exact same sentence. We laughed - we obviously think alike.
I'm sure there are more, but these are a few moments I want to remember.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Wow, you've done a marathon of posts! They were so much fun to read through! The engagement reenactment, the pictures in Chico's pizza and the port-a-potty sledding experience were the best!