Thursday, October 4, 2012

A visit to 2nd grade

Last week I spent some time in Joseph's classroom for Curriculum Night.  And I decided that I really like Joseph's teacher, because she encourages the sort of good-hearted sarcasm that is so prevalent in the Porter household.  As evidenced by the instructions on the folder she had the kids put together for their parents:
I especially like the "no whining" instruction.  It sounds like something I say on a frequent basis . . . .

And I loved this.  Each of the kids had chosen their favorite "sense," and then recorded why this is the case.  Their explanation and a picture were hanging around the room.
"The best part about me is my eyes.  It helps me see my friend.  And it also helps me see the words in a book.  And it helps me play games.  Without it I couldn't see directions.  Joseph."

Yes, 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Coffey is a great fit for our Mr. Joseph!

No comments: