We love Disney, and we had so much fun visiting Disneyland in August! We spent five days in the parks the last week of August. We chose this week on purpose, allowing most of the country to get back to school so the crowds would be lighter. It worked - we waited in almost no lines in Disneyland. California Adventure was another story - the recent addition of Carsland (which is really magical) drew all the crowds like a giant magnet. So, we worked the system and got a fastpass for the premiere ride in Carsland (Radiator Springs) first thing in the morning. Then we rode it (twice) in the evening with virtually no wait in line (compared to the 1-2 hour standby wait).
Another favorite of this trip - our first time viewing the "World of Color" show in CA Adventure. It was so spectacular . . . we watched it on two different nights!
A mistake I made on this trip . . . I brought two small cameras, each which have a nice video camera. Because of this, I didn't bring a video camera. But I forgot to bring the charger for one of the cameras. By the time we got to Disneyland, that camera was almost out of battery. I brought the charger for the other camera, but then could NOT find it in my suitcase (I found it tucked in a corner of the bag when we were home). So, midway through our Disneyland trip we had to rely on my iphone for all our pictures, including most of our important "tradition" pictures. Not the best quality pictures, and no video from the trip!
Waiting for the parade to start
Our only complaint about this pilgrimage to Disneyland . . . it was unusually hot. Hot and humid. So we hit the parks first thing in the morning and toured heavily until about 1 p.m. At which time we dragged our sweaty selves back to the hotel (across the street) and took a 3-4 hour nap. Then we ate dinner in the hotel room and headed back into the park, right as the sun was going doing. Aaahh - the evenings were gorgeous! By the way, we did eat lunch in the park each day, and we discovered that Disneyland and DCA have seriously upgraded the quality of their food! We had some delish and unusual food that we're still thinking about . . .


We had some breakthroughs on this trip. Bailey - who hates rides with "drops", willingly went on Pirates many times and Splash Mountain twice.
A notable moment - there was an earthquake one of the days we were in the park. Because of this, all of the rides in the park were closed for awhile. We didn't feel the earthquake, but I guess if a tremor is detected precautions are taken. At the time of the quake, Aubrey and I were waiting inside the Indiana Jones ride. I guess I'm glad the quake wasn't a noticeable one, because it would really ruin our vacation if we were crushed inside the Indiana waiting queue.

It was hard to say goodbye . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment