In August Aubrey performed as the "Amazing Gertrude" in Seussical, performed in the Winningstad theater in Portland. She was truly amazing. Everyone agreed that stole the show! Her singing was beautiful as always, but it was fun to also see her comedic timing and incredible acting. After her performances, we had a hard time even reaching her to congratulate her. EVERYONE wanted to talk to and get a picture with Gertrude - her fellow castmates and also people who watched the show. I heard several parents of kids in the show tell her "don't tell my kid this, but you were my favorite character in the show!"
Even the little kids wanted to get close to Gertrude and talk to her.
Finally, we were able to congratulate our favorite star and give her some pretty roses.After the matinee show she changed out of costume and we walked to a pizza place for lunch. Look at the marquee behind her, advertising the show!
The first show we had our entire family in attendance! Just Dan and I went to the next show, and then I impetuously decided to return for the final show that night. I couldn't get enough of watching Aubrey's performance! I took two of Aubrey's friends and her favorite YW leader with me.
It is so much fun to see Aubrey enjoying herself and performing so well. We wish we could have taped the entire performance for out of town family! Unfortunately, this wasn't allowed due to copyright, but a parent sent us a few clips he had illegally taped on his cellphone.










No comments:
Post a Comment