And then, Joseph's back to school ice cream social, where he saw his 5th grade classroom and started to get really excited about being the "big kid" in the elementary school.
And Aubrey got her school pictures taken and compared schedules with her friends at high school registration.
In a last ditch attempt to savor summer, the kids and I joined the youth in the ward for a day at Merwin Lake, playing in the water and boating.
Joseph got a back to school haircut which did not turn out the way he wanted. He walked in with very defined ideas about how he wanted his hair cut and even brought a picture, but the stylist cut it very differently. Here is he is trying to be brave afterward. We had a good talk on the way home about how she should have listened better to him and honored his wishes. We are hunting for a hair stylist who is a better listener!
This is evidence of my tortilla fail. I hosted a brunch for my new presidency as a "getting to know you" activity before we were officially sustained on August 30th. I made baked breakfast tacquitos from my favorite Our Best Bites ladies. They never steer me wrong, but this time I just couldn't keep up with their awesomeness. They said on the blog that homemade tortillas are so easy and delicious that we would never go back to buying them again. I beg to differ. I followed the instructions carefully, but they were hard and chalky. Thank goodness Costco sells great raw tortillas. But, the brunch was great, and the women I am working with are amazing!
Back to school breakfast at a cute bakery in town for me and Aubrey on the day before school started.
And then, the exciting start to a new school year!
Aubrey, sophomore in high school.
Joseph, 5th grader.
Here is a picture of Joseph and Dan at the bus stop on the first day of school. Joseph was giggling but too cool to look at the camera. He also makes me kiss him on the cheek long before we get to the bus stop and tells me to stay away and not kiss him once the bus approaches and his friends can see him.
And the after school welcome home treat.
And, finally, just because, this was my favorite birthday gift by far!


















No comments:
Post a Comment